Eye-laser surgery diary (Trans-PRK method)

4. Recovery process, week 2

Day 9, August 21, 2015

Vision seems to be getting better and better day by day in little steps. Eyes also feel less and less dry by the day. I still take my moisture drops every hour, but only because I get reminded by an alarm, not because it feels like I need to.

Day 10, August 22, 2015

Not much to report, everything is slightly better than the day before.

Day 11, August 23, 2015

A lot better than yesterday. Wow, what a difference!

When I walk through the city, I notice how sharp and clear everything is. I also feel that my brain is working hard to adjust to all this new clarity and information that’s constantly coming in. It’s like I’ve upgraded from an old tube-TV to a Full-HD Plasma screen. I am tired and I go to bed early tonight.

Day 12, August 24, 2015

Monday, back to staring at a computer screen all day. My vision is even better than yesterday. I almost can’t believe it. Around 4, my eyes start to get a little tired, but that’s all. Still feels like having super-vision all day. I wake up and everything is insanely sharp. I go through the day in amazement how clear and detailed my world is. This lasts throughout the entire day.

Day 13, August 25, 2015

Vision is slightly worse than yesterday. A little less sharpness, and a little double-vision here and there. I was told it’s normal that things fluctuate a little, especially during the first couple of weeks.

Day 14, August 26, 2015

A little better than yesterday, but not as great as Monday.

I have another check-up at the clinic. I go there during my lunch break and I can walk straight through.

The assistant looks at my eyes again and says the top layer is close to being completely healed up. I take another reading test. The result: Left eye 95%, right eye 95%, both eyes combined 110%. I can already see 10% better than the average guy, and I’m not even fully healed up yet.

The assistant tells me I’m healing up perfectly, and that I should expect much more improvement in the upcoming weeks, although it will vary a little day by day. After a month or so total, things should stabilize.

The next check-up will be in 6 months.

Conclusion so far

The first 3 days were pure hell, but I’ve pretty much forgotten about that by now. Although I’m not fully there yet, the results I’m living with today are nothing short of amazing. I am literally looking into the world with a new set of eyes. Thank you, science and technology.

Next: Recovery process, week 3 & 4